Setup a custom domain
Instead of being directed to preview.adpiler.com, your preview page URL can be something much more brandable, like https://preview.yourcompany.com. You will need CNAME Records to all do this. It might be a bit tricky at first sight, but it is easier then you think.
Step 1: Add CNAME record to your DNS
You’ll need to create a CNAME record with your DNS provider or wherever your domain is managed to point at our hosts. You can follow the steps below or contact your hosting provider’s support team directly.
- Sign in to your domain hosting service
- Navigate to your DNS management page
- Find the CNAME record settings
- Create a new CNAME record
- Enter a value for your sub-domain in the host field (For example, you’d enter “preview” if you want to set up “preview.yourcompany.com”)
- Choose for “CNAME” in the Type field
- Type ‘preview.adpiler.com’ in the Value field
- Save the changes to your DNS records
Step 2: Tell Adpiler to use your subdomain
Changes in your DNS-records can take up to 24 hours. Make sure your new CNAME record (as set in Step 1) is active before you continue with this step.
Log in into Adpiler and go to White labels in the main menu. This is only available for owners and admins. In the column ‘Subdomain’ click on the domain you would like to change and set your subdomain you just created in your DNS-records (For example: https://preview.yourcompany.com).
If all is setup correctly, all is working right away. Please check by clicking on a link to a preview page in your account.
HTTPS / SSL
Adpiler supports HTTPS for your custom domain. You don’t even need to have a SSL certificate, we generate that for you. If you’ve created a CNAME record like preview.yourcompany.com, you can easily use https://preview.yourcompany.com.